One-Stop Career Center
Take Control of Your Career
to Find Work You Love
One-Stop Career Center provides career advice and job search tips to help you get noticed, take control of your career and find work you love.
Each week, I talk to dozens of people who not only want career advice and how to find a job, but how to find work they love. They’re looking to gain the edge they need to land the job they want. One-Stop Career Center cuts through the clutter to provide that insight and focus on what you need to succeed.
Assuming you’ve prepared to be competitive in your career, finding a job is not rocket science. However, it does require a thoughtful, carefully executed approach and tenacity. There’s no need for luck, but no shortcuts either. Use the job search tips to take control of your career today and doors will begin to open. You’ll have the options you’ve been looking for, depending on what is important to you: more money, fewer hours, greater responsibility, a corner office overlooking the golf course – the choice is up to you.
On the following pages, you’ll find career advice and job search tips that I’ve shared and refined with job candidates with great results for nearly 20 years. Enjoy and good luck!
- The Career Advice Blog at One-Stop Career Center
- The Career Advice Blog keeps you up-to-date with the latest job search and career information on the One-Stop Career Center web site. Subscribe here.
- Choosing Careers: How to Choose a Career that is Right for You
- Need help deciding what career to choose? You're Choosing careers is an important choice with more options than ever. If you are wondering how to choose a career, read on for some great career advice.
- Surviving Job Loss: A Checklist for Coping with Job Loss and Regaining Momentum
- Surviving job loss can be the most intensely challenging time of your life. Here is a clear-cut, realistic framework to get back on track and building momentum toward whatever is next for you.
- Career Change Advice to Get You Started Down a New Path
- Ten Steps to a New Career: Changing careers isn’t scary if you follow a process. This career change advice includes how to discover your strengths, tips on selecting a career, resume writing and more.
- List of Different Careers: An Overview of More than 100 Ways to Make Money
- Brainstorm what's next for you with this comprehensive list of different careers, allowing you to browse low cost business ideas and more than 100 ways to make money.
- Online Freelance Work – How to Be Competitive and Win Freelance Jobs Online
- Learn how to quickly replace your income through online freelance work. Includes tips for how to freelance, finding freelance work and how to stand out in this growing market.
- Career Placement Test: Find Which Careers Are Right for You – Use a Career Test
- Which career is right for you? Take a career placement test to find out. Learn how your attitudes and interests match different career choices and find out more about your new career today!
- How to Find a Job: Proven Tips for Speeding Up the Job Hunting Process
- If only there was a simple, clear formula about how to find a job. Here’s some great job search tips and job hunting advice that can help you speed up the job hunting process.
- Cover Letter: Ten Steps to Writing Great Cover Letters
- Follow these 10 steps to writing a great job application cover letter in less than 20 minutes. Includes examples and variety of resume cover letter formats.
- Build a Resume that Stands Out and Wins the Interview
- Build a resume that cuts through the clutter in just five steps. Learn the most important things that you can do to write a good resume that stands out from the crowd.
- Example Resumes and Free Resume Formats
- The example resumes here different writing and design styles to help you find resume ideas that work for you. Steal from the free downloadable resume templates provided to get started fast.
- Preparing for a Job Interview
- Preparing for a job interview takes time and reflection, but it’s worth it. When you’re prepared, you are more confident, relaxed and focused. Use these interview tips and career advice to get ready.
- Advantages of Networking: The Importance of Career Networking for a Job
- The importance of career networking for a job has never been greater. Business networking helps you maximize your job search and speed up the process. Make the most of the advantages of networking.
- Job Headhunters - Working with Recruiters to Land Your Next Job
- Is working with recruiters or job headhunters right for you? Find out when and how an employment headhunter can be huge asset to your job search. Includes important tips on working with recruiters.
- Free Job Search Engines: How to Get the Most from Online Job Search Engines
- Free job search engines can maximize your job search if you know how to use them. Find out how to make the most of online job search engines - including not-to-miss top job search sites.
- Employer Reference: How to Get Great Job References and Get the Offer
- As you prepare for employer reference checks, here's a great checklist to ensure your employment references will help you clinch the deal.
- Salary Negotiations: Handling Salary Questions during the Interview Process
- Career advice, salary information and salary negotiation tips for when the interviewer “pops the question” during a job interview. Here’s how to keep your options open during salary negotiations.
- Evaluating a Job Offer Letter - Career Advice for Evaluating Job Offers
- You’ve received a job offer letter. How do you evaluate whether or not it is a good offer? Learn what to look for and how to handle the issues that may come up as you consider your options.
- How to Resign Gracefully – Sample Resignation Letters for Quitting Your Job
- If you’re wondering how to resign, you’re not alone. Use the sample resignation letters here to resign tactfully and professionally to ensure the smoothest transition possible.
- Build Your Resume Through Voluntary Work
- Build Your Resume Through Voluntary Work
- About One-Stop Career Center
- Find out more about One-Stop Career Center
- Contact Us
- Do you have any comments, suggestions, or questions for us? Then we'd love to hear from you. Simply fill out this form and hit send!
- Career Advice Forum
- Do you need career advice or have questions about your job search? Has your experience searching for a job helped you to become an expert on the subject? Share your questions and advice here!
- Job Layoffs - Your Tips on Surviving Job Loss
- If you have experienced job layoffs, here you will job loss support about what is working for others like you who are surviving job loss and moving on.
- One-Stop Career Center - Advertising Information and Disclosures
- Advertising Information and Disclosures